Friday, October 19, 2007

Thursday Nights with Paul - October 18

(In rereading my earlier posts, I realize that I have been issuing a 3 pip rating (less than average) in many cases where I meant to place 4 pips. So, I have revised several of my previous ratings to reflect this.)

I only had an opportunity to play one game that was new to me this week:
  • Space Shuffle (Playroom Entertainment) - Kind of a fun, somewhat educational game about the solar system. Educational only in the sense of the order in which our planets rotate around the sun. You take turns placing cards into basically 5 copies of our solar system. The cards are color coded and everyone has a color. When you play a card, the person with that color as well as the person playing the card gets points. A fun filler. 4 pips.

Other games that I saw hit the tables:

  • Downtown (Abacus)
  • 1960: The Making of a President (Z-man Games)
  • Rum & Pirates (Rio Grande Games) - I played this one. Enjoyed it, as always, even though I took a ridiculous 7 scorpion chests and lost. 5 pips.
  • Manhattan (Mayfair Games) - An oldie but goodie.
  • Acquire (Avalon Hill) - A classic. I really love this printing of the game. 6 pips.
  • Rosenkonig (Kosmos) - An enjoyable two-player Kosmos game. 4 pips.