For those unfamiliar with Lair Assault here's be basics.
Lair Assault is a one shot Dungeons & Dragons event where players have to use every possible benefit they can think up to make their characters as powerful as possible. This is because in Lair Assault the Dungeon Master isn't just there to move the story along, he is there to try to kill your entire party. Can you outwit the Dungeon Master and achieve victory when the very world itself is out to destroy you?
Rules for Lair Assault: Attack of the Tyrantclaw
Characters must be level 6.
Characters receive the following equipment:
- 1 Magic Item of the 7th level (or lower) of the player's choice
- 1 Magic Item of the 6th level (or lower) of the player's choice
- 1 Magic Item of the 5th level (or lower) of the player's choice
- 1000 Gold Pieces (gp) to spend on any other equipment (magical or mundane) of the player's choice
- Players may have no more then one rare magical item, and no more than two consumable magic times (such as potions or ammunition).
Dungeons & Dragons Fortune Cards are legal for play in Lair Assault sessions. In addition, the promotional fortune cards given for Lair Assault are legal. A deck of Fortune Cards must be at least 10 cards, and most contain at least three attack, three defense, and three tactics cards.
This concludes the rules for Lair Assault. Now it's up to you to build the best possible character you can in order to survive the onslaught before you!